۱۳۹۰ مهر ۲۵, دوشنبه

Religion or Superstition?

Some time ago, I saw this phrase on a status of one of my facebook friends : " if one person has an imaginary friend, he is crazy; If many people have the same imaginary friend, it's religion?" I don't know whether she was being sarcastic to religious people, meaning that there is no imaginary super power that we we can call in times of hardship or just during our normal days within our prayers for example (and I use the pronoun "we", as I consider my self a Secular Muslim), or whether she was being sarcastic to the people who make fun of those who according to them are not normal, since they do not share the same feelings and thoughts. Anyhow, what ever the meaning behind the phrase was, it raised this question for me: What is the line between a religion ( and by religion, I mean any kind of religion) and superstition?

هیچ نظری موجود نیست: